Norris Middle School Families,
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year! The Norris Middle School staff is excited to welcome our students back to campus for a full five-day school week starting on Wednesday, August 18th.
I hope the information below provides students and families with a more clear understanding of what to expect during this school year. The Norris Middle School staff is committed to the learning and growth of your child(ren), and we cannot wait to welcome our students back to campus next week.
Students and Staff
- Masks/face coverings will be required indoors
- Masks/face coverings are optional outdoors
- Wash hands/sanitize as frequently as possible
- No social distancing requirement
- Self screen for symptoms at home SELF HEALTH SCREENING
Arrival and Dismissal Times
- Staggered lunch groups to reduce the number of students in the MPR
- Students will sit with the classmates they had the period prior to lunch.
- Sports equipment will be available during lunch recess
Other Important Information
- Class schedules will be emailed on Friday, August 13th after 3:30 p.m.
- The NMS campus will be open on Friday, August 13th from 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. to allow students to familiarize themselves with the campus.
- Fall Sports - information will be shared with families at the end of August/beginning of September
- Buy your NMS spirit gear HERE (please note the differences in youth and adult sizes) - Items will be delivered to school and given to students in 1st period. Arrival date - To be determined
- A suggested generic supply list is available to help you get started SUPPLY LIST
- Bus transportation will be provided in a limited capacity - please contact the Norris School District Transportation for more information.
I will provide students and families with updates if conditions and circumstances change. I will continue to hope for the best, but I also ask for your flexibility if we have to adjust and make changes. Thank you for your on-going support, and I am looking forward to a great school year.
Principal - Norris Middle School